Monday, April 5, 2010

Harvest of March

March has been busy.

The Munchkin turned 3. Say what? I have a 3 year old? Yes, yes I do. Per her request, the day was centered on Finding Nemo and was shared with friends and family. Happy little girl.





A leprechaun reeked havoc in our house with green food, green toilet water and a pot of gold of Rolo's, cause that is what I like.



Little C is almost 10 months old and growing like crazy. Teething and drooling are high on her daily "to-do" list.



Having a freezing dang cold arctic picnic on a beach in Seattle. I promised the Munchkin we could do it. Warm at our house, freezing at the beach. Did I mention it was cold? And why do kids seem to be immune to cold? I was ready to go within 30 seconds. But I'm not that mean, I let us stay about 10 minutes, that is how mean I am. Don't ask me what the people in the background are doing there, they are crazy.






I dropped a 2 1/2 pound wedge of Jarlesberg on my toe. Maybe karma for only staying at the beach for 10 minutes?



Austin harvested his beard - aka he shaved.



And I somehow conned Austin into watching Little Dorrit with me.
He originally thought I said Little Borat, which may have something to do with why he watched it.

13 comments:

Wendy said...

your kids are so cute. & you are a better mom and I am...I'm sure I would have convinced my kiddo's to do something other than eat food in cold wind!! How do you like Seattle? We kindof miss it.

S.A.R. said...

I think dropping Jarlsberg on one's toe is good luck in some cultures. Probably for sparing your children the freezing cold at the beach!

Your girls are so deliciously adorable! I want a Finding Nemo party. Are you available for hire?

Sorensen said...

Your girls are scrumptious! The munchkin says the most adorable things in nursery. I was beginning to think Austin was trying out for The Swiss Family Robinson or something. Do you miss the beard?

Jana said...

pretty lil girlies! i wouldn't mind some rolos gold, not one bit. wish we were closer to watch little dorrit together.

Kara said...

Is little Dorrit good?
Why do all husbands have to experiment with beards?
I love how A is a blondie and C's features look so dark.
I say you are awesome for even attempting the beach on a freezing day. A+ for you.

Margaret said...

Wendy, we love Seattle. We just wish we had family closer. But we do love the area.

Mauvia- Austin grows his beard every winter. I don't really mind it, but I'm always excited when he shaves it. It's been a long time that he has had that thing.

Kara- Little Dorrit was good. Some things I didn't love about it, but I really liked it.

Unknown said...

So happy to see pictures of your little family!! Love that your girls look so different, but both so adorable. Now we have three year olds AND are approaching the dreaded 30...sigh. PS-I got your phone message a long time ago, I have been a slacker in returning calls, sorry friend. Thank you so much for thinking of me.

Unknown said...

Hi, me again...so did you make that happy birthday banner? I have been wanting to make one of those, was it easy? And by the way I think you are an awesome mom for not only braving the cold beach (and yes, kids are immune to cold), but for actually celebrating St. Pattys Day!

Margaret said...

Sara- I know 30! Lame. I don't want to think about it. I did make that banner. I will e-mail you about it. It wasn't hard.

Christina said...

Austin's beard is awesome!

When are you guys going to come and visit us? We'd love to see you.

Jody said...

Your posts make me happy :) The Munchkin looks like a character from Tinkerbell in that first picture, she's so beautiful! Sorry for your toe, darn jarlsberg!

Julia said...

Oh Marg- your girls are sooo darling! I can't believe A is already 3?! crazyness. I can't wait to see you next month. Get ready to party in the big 3-0 my cousin!! ahhh ya! :)

Elizabeth Jex said...

Marg I was thinking about you today and I missed you so. Your girls are beauties. As is Austin's beard. Squeezes.