
Thanksgiving was quite interesting this year. We had an impromptu trip to Utah. My nausea had died down so I thought, why not go running? That was not a good thing as right after I finished I encountered some problems that led to a call to my doctor which led to me on semi-bed rest. And no heavy lifting (the Munchkin qualifies as heavy lifting, a gallon of chocolate milk does not).
Caught a bit of a cold.
Then, Thanksgiving morning at my sister-in-laws home. I wake up to start getting some pies ready. Suddenly overwhelmed with ickiness I walk upstairs and wake up a few minutes later in the middle of the bedroom floor. There was some confusion, pain and blood. Long story short, I fainted and in the act of it sent my front teeth through the inside of my lip to the outside of my chin. And the right side of my face is covered in lovely carpet burn.
That is not me. That is a man. But that is kinda what my eye looked like. I'll spare you photos of the lip. Who faints? (Seriously, has anyone ever fainted before? Do you get hurt when you do? I only know my cousin Julia who fainted after we got in the hot tub in 80+ degree weather then decided hot soup was a good choice for lunch. It was Bean with Bacon...whats not to love?) I did not enjoy fainting. Never done it before, never want to do it again. Anyway, I am in the process of healing now and besides the fact that I can't talk much (which has lead me to my blog) I'm okay. I tell this story not for sympathy or the such because I got plenty of that when it happened, but with all the usual things I am grateful for I had some very specific things that I was thankful for this Thanksgiving that I never thought I'd be thankful for in all my wee life. Why do I feel the need to post them on my blog? That is a question I can't answer. I often wonder why I feel the need to post anything to my blog. But here are the specifics of my thankfulness this year.
I'm so grateful that my two front teeth are still in place and not still in my chin, or on my niece Brenleys floor. If that wasn't clear before, my teeth are where they should be. I'm also grateful that I fell in the middle of the floor and narrowly avoided hitting a bed and chest which would probably have made me lose my two front teeth for sure.
Secondly, the human body is amazing. The first few days this happened I looked like I had been in a boxing ring. Now, I just look like I've been roughed up a little. Crazy how quickly our bodies heal themselves.
Third, grateful for modern medicine. So grateful.
Fourth, I've never been aware before that most of Thanksgiving food is soft and was still somewhat edible to me after "the fall."
And most importantly, little nugget numero 2 seems to be okay. Which is the best thing of all.
Secondly, the human body is amazing. The first few days this happened I looked like I had been in a boxing ring. Now, I just look like I've been roughed up a little. Crazy how quickly our bodies heal themselves.
Third, grateful for modern medicine. So grateful.
Fourth, I've never been aware before that most of Thanksgiving food is soft and was still somewhat edible to me after "the fall."
And most importantly, little nugget numero 2 seems to be okay. Which is the best thing of all.
29 comments:
A BABY!!!!!
A BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
A BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ok i'll stop now.
CONGRATS MARGAREET! and yay for healing chins. glad you're ok.
I have a passing out problem too. Happens when I'm either hungry or thirsty or exhausted. Unfortunately, all these three components come together at day-long outdoor festivals w lots of people around to watch. Not fun. Hope your chin heals quick!
Oh my goodness, Congratulations!!!! How exciting! But I'm sorry you fainted. Wow, you've been through a lot this holiday season already! My friend fainted at the altar while doing sealings (she's expecting too). I'm glad you're alright. Don't quite understand the teeth-in-chin thing, but I'll figure it out. (you can explain it on the 21st)!
I knew it was about time for someone to get pregnant. Congratulations!Did you say how far along you are? How far along are you?
Yeah for number 2!!! I'm glad all is well...and that you didn't faint face first into a pumpkin pie. I have fainted...really weird feeling. And it's kind of amazing you don't end up more hurt smacking the ground. Anyway, take care and i'll see you in a couple weeks!
Sorry about your teeth and chin. I have done that before and now only have half a tooth. We should go see another cheezy movie.
Yeah Margaret for more babies!! I am really glad that your teeth are intact and that everything is okay. I think that you should take a picture and black out your front teeth so we can get a mental image of what a beautiful Margaret would look like without front teeth :).
Oh my heck! You are quite a lucky lady! I am super excited about you being pregnant again! Hopefully I'll see you at book club tonight! Do you guys still do Girl's Night Out in your ward, if so, I'd love to come...I could use a night out.
YA!!! A baby!! That is so funny because at my doctors appointment this morning I ran into Cindy!! She is due in February and with Sara, Ashley and me pregnant that is so great! Another round of babies!! How far along are you? When are you due? This is stuff also you should put on the blog! I am really sorry about the whole "fall" that sounds not fun! Great story for us though! Love ya! Excited for you!!
congratulations on the baby!
Glad that you are healing quickly.
SO...I'm a fainter. Remember? Once at Hogle Zoo, once in Kindergarten, and when I broke my arm I fainted 3 or 4 times. I hate it too. Sorry about that.
As for the other part, you may remember that I have had some experience with your teeth going through your lip. Ouch. Sorry about that too! I feel your pain. Just so you know, no one notices the scar unless I point it out. Once it heals, pop a vitamin E pill with a pin and spread the ointment on your scar. Good Luck!
By the way-- I'm so excited for you. Number two is fun because you are so much more relaxed.
Yea! Congratulations on baby #2!! With how beautiful the munchkin is, you should have 10 - seriously, you are a model making machine!! I'm sorry about your fall, that is crappy. Grateful to hear that your teeth are in place, otherwise you'd be singing "all I want for Christmas is my 2 front teeth" this year :)
I am so happy for you and at the same time so sorry about your chin! :)
Merzy- Thanks for the well wishes. We are excited. Healing chins are awesome too. I almost saw you last week. Lame!
Dran- I didn't realize you passed out a lot. Have you ever been hurt? I need to discuss with you.
Hil- Fainting at the altar seems a bit more elegant, although still not fun. I just bit my teeth through my chin is pretty much what I meant. See you on the 21st I will!
Loretta- I am 13 weeks along. I want to hear your chipped tooth story and I am so in for a cheesy movie. Whats out?
Jana- I wish I would've fainted in a chocolate cream pie. That would've been good. See you in a few ol' buddy ol' pal.
Kara- I just might post a picture like that for you. You are probably the only person that could convince me to do it.
Mindy- GNO kinda fizzled. But if I ever get a group of girls together for something I'll call you.
Belle- I had no idea that Cindy and Ash were pregnant. That is awesome! I'm 13 weeks, so not too far behind you and probably right about where Sara is. We should get together during Christmas.
Christina- Thanks! I need to come see you and your new baby!
Sarah- I forgot that you are a fainter and I totally forgot about your experience. It's all coming back to me now. I think you got your stitches out at girls camp, right? I can't even picture you with a scar, so hopefully mine is the same way.
Jody- You are very kind. That song did keep popping into my head.
Laura- Thanks! It's healed quite well, so it's all good.
by the way, margaret, i'm so happy you decided to post today, britney spears' bday. you totally did it in honor of her, huh.
As reluctant as you are to blog, I'm so grateful you do!!! Do you notice how popular your blog is? (Popularity being proven by number of comments).
CONGRATULATIONS on the baby!!! Very exciting. Sorry about all the drama!! Wow. So why haven't we chatted on the phone in the last few years? Remind me...
Yay!! How exciting...and painful! We are so happy for you guys! Congratulations! I'm so sorry to hear about your fall..and everything else. I called dave to tell him you were pregnant and i was laughing when i told him the story about how you fell and all that stuff and he said "why are you laughing that isnt funny,"..... and i said I know i know, im not laughing that she fell....it was just so funny how she wrote it on her blog... anyhow, your post was great and im glad you are feeling better! good luck and next time you feel like you are going to faint...try and hold on to something!! :)
Wow! I don't even know what to say. Congrats! and I am so sorry! I guess posting on your blog will keep you from having to explain your war wounds over and over. Happy Healing!
congrats! what's your due date... I'm 13 weeks as well (due June 14th) and my husbands cousin is due 2 days after me and 2 friends a month after me crazy baby times! Sorry you've been sick... I have been too this time, thank goodness for the second trimester, less nausea and not yet a beached whale :)
Yay that we're prego again together! We must be due right around the same time. So, try fainting in the temple during sealings with all the MacKay family...yeah, that's embarrasing. You coming for Christmas? We have to get together more if you are!
congratulations Margaret! you should have posted a picture of your real face...i immediately thought of the beautiful one that annie took of me after "the wreck"! but then remembering how bad it was...i guess i wouldn't post that either! i'm glad to hear that everybody is doing well! hopefully the semi bedrest will end soon!
maybe you can help with my dilema...i can't pick out an infant carseat for the life of me!
Merz- You know my life revolves around Ms. Spears. Always has, always will.
Adrienne- Why don't we chat? I thought for sure I'd see you being closer to Canada, but that hasn't happened. Next girls trip, I'm there.
Nat- It's okay to laugh. It is funny. I think it's funny. Now that I know what if feels like I will just sit down wherever I am. No more fainting for me.
Mauvia- Yes, the blog has saved me telling the story over and over.
Anna- I'm due exactly a week before you. That is exciting. I'm soooo looking forward to my second trimester. I'm thinking it should be a bit better.
Sara- We must be due right around the same time. I'm June 7th. I didn't you passed out in the temple. You are the second person to post that situation here. That is funny, well, not funny but you know.
Bre- I have a picture but I haven't uploaded it. And it's pretty ugly. Car seat dilemma...I'm not much help. I don't love my baby seat, but I love my other one. The one the Munchkin is in now. It's a Britax. Love it. But the baby seat is a Graco and I'm like meh about it. What are you thinking of getting?
crazy! I fainted once after giving blood but the only thing I hurt was my pride a little (I was in the middle of BYU somewhere and I remember being embarrassed, like I could have helped it!) Glad you are well and congrats on baby number 2!
okay i don't know if this post will work. i was reading this in class and laughing. i am glad you made a list of what you are grateful for, i don't think i ever would have realized that thanksgiving food really is all so soft. see you soon. xoxo
Congrats on baby #2! That is so exciting! I am in the same situation with my car seats. Morgan is in a Britax now but used to be in a Graco and I hated it! I feel like it is so unsafe. I am looking for a new baby seat for our little girl due in March. Let me know what you decide. I hope you are feeling better! Good luck with this pregnancy!
sorry about being so late to the game. really. i am thrilled for you three--i mean four...thrilled for the upcoming child to be born into such a rocking lineage.
just for the record, whenever someone says they have a "bun in the oven"--i laugh, imagining that "bun in the oven" is a metaphor for constipation. gross? awkward? maybe. but hilarious? invariably.
Post a Comment