Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Grandma and Grandpa Smith

This all happened about a month ago, but I just uploaded the photos in the last week. Not sure why it took me that long, but oh well. Austin's parents came in from Georgia and stayed with us for a little over a week. We took them to all the sites and the Munchkin got to know them better, which was so nice.


My in-laws are expert gardeners so I was secretly hoping they could help me turn around my disastrous history with living plants. We told them we wanted to grow some edibles and fortunately they were up to the task. Since this was over a month ago we know are enjoying the fruits of our labors, and honestly it has been very little laboring. The rain waters my plants for me on the days I forget. Mixed lettuce, romaine, a fabulous herb garden, also peas, strawberries and tomatoes just about ready. Not to mention some beautiful flowers. Thanks to the crummy weather for helping me keep these plants living.

Gardening 101

We also went to the tulip festival which was lovely. I had some wicked bad allergies and was therefore a bit groggy, but I remember loving it.


My camera was being lame, the Munchkin really wasn't glowing that day....or was she?


We ate lots of good food and Randi appreciated my current love of cupcakes and was able to try out two different shops with me. They were so generous and it was so nice to be with them. We were so glad they could come out and hope they can come again. It's a long flight from Georgia you know.

Hanging out with grandpa

15 comments:

Kate said...

What a cool garden you have - I'm comforted to know this crummy weather has not been in vain! And I LOVE the glowing picture at the tulip festival - it looks awesome. Such a fun update.

Heather said...

The tulips look amazing! It is always fun to have family come and visit!

Sarah said...

How fun to have your in laws for a visit. It must get a little lonely being so far from family! I love the tulip pictures. I thought you made her look like that on purpose! It's a cool effect, even if it was an accident.

Kate and Dave said...

thanks for FINALLY updating sister. amelia is super stylish.

Kara said...

Just when I almost gave up hope on checking (not really)... you posted. She is super stylish, and I also am so sick of the weather, but it seems to be making a turn for the better my dear. Your little munchkin is for sure a stylin little gal, but it runs in her genes.

Maleina said...

Looks like fun. Your little one really is adorably cute! Oh and aren't cupcakes just divine :) YUM!

adrienne said...

Fun! I like the "aura" picture in front of the tulips. It mad me feel like I had allergies with you!

Jana said...

Sweet! New post! I long for the day I have my own garden. Can't wait to see you!

Hilary said...

That must be so nice to have your garden naturally watered!! I am telling you, I am a slave to the hose. A slave! Miss you, my dear!

Meredith said...

glowing the munchkin was (yoda said that).

two things:

could you give me kate's email?

can i get VIP access to the ultra cool amelia blog?

breanna said...

what secret things are on austub?

Margaret said...

I haven't responded to all the comments, but Merzy, the Amelia blog is currently under construction. But I can give you access once I get it all set up. Not much to look at now.
Also, I will send you kate's e-mail.
Bre- there are many secret things on austub, many things. Most of which I don't understand.

flynn family said...

Hey Marg. Mom doesn't even know how to access our blogs, so you don't need to be so politically correct when you write about them! :) haha

Sorensen said...

What adorable pictures, I especially love the one with Grandpa. You can tell they are related. (Same expression!) Isn't the tulip festival beautiful. Almost makes the rain worth it.

Meredith said...

margs: now i need yours AND kate's email address. NOW! jkiloveyou!