Friday, May 2, 2008

Happy 5th Anniversary


Austin and I have been married for 5 fabulous years.
He always gets me the best anniversary gifts, so a little homage to my man:

In keeping with the number 5, 5 reasons why I love this guy

1. He doesn't care when I eat chocolate chip cookies for breakfast

2. He challenges me to do things that I find difficult (parallel parking in the city being an example.)

3. He loves being with the Munchkin and has taught her to growl like a lion when he comes home.

4. He always makes me laugh (like the time he told me he had a big surprise for me and I got excited and he had bought me a loaf of French bread ...we both thought that was funny)

5. He is so patient and never gets mad no matter what I do, like when I vacuumed up the cords to his speakers.


11 comments:

Jana said...

Happy Anniversary! I really.can't.believe. it's been 5 years...time seriously goes by so fast. I can't imagine any couple more meant to be. Love you both!!

Natalie said...

Margaret, I just found your blog and I looked to see what you were up to. It sounds like you are doing so well that is great. Happy Anniversary!!!! I hope you had a wonderful day.

Kate said...

I love that picture! Happy Anniversary!

Sarah said...

Happy Anniversary! Whenever you're name comes up, I remind Jake that you are the one who had the amazing pasta salad at your wedding, then he knows who you are. I can't believe that was five years ago, and we still remember the salad.

Hilary said...

That picture is so beautiful! Happy Anniversary!

flynn family said...

You and Austin are one of those couples where you just have to be in the same room with you, and you can feel the love between you. I admire you both so much!

BEAUTIFUL picture.

Kara said...

Oh yeah Margaret, I forgot that our anniversaries are so close together. Time goes by so fast. We love you and Austin as a pair, and I know you have many lovely years ahead of you as well. (Bye the way.. the only haunting memory I have of your wedding is that I had dyed my hair black and it was awful!!!)

Rohm Family said...

happy anniversary, hope you had fun on your trip :)

Margaret said...

Jana,crazy eh? Even crazier when we realize Austin and I have known each other for 7 years. Yikes!

Natalie, I'm glad you found my blog. Thanks for the comment.

Thanks Kate!

Sarah, that is so funny you remember my food. I don't think I got much of it, but I heard it was splendid.

Thanks Hil!

Kim, you are very sweet to say that. I'm so grateful that Austin comes from such a stellar family.

Kara, I don't remember your hair being black! I'm sure it wasn't that bad, on and yea, our anniversaries are like a day apart right? Happiness to you as well.

Thanks Wes.

Meredith said...

i remember that lovely and perfect day. mmm, that salad with the almond clusters....

JAM said...

Happy Anniversary! Love the hair-do.