Friday, August 14, 2009

Just



The Munchkin likes to talk; boy does she like to talk. Sometimes in all her gibberish a little gem pops out. For the last week or so she has added the word just to her vocabulary. I first overheard it when she was playing with her toy tiger. She said to him in a very sweet voice "just don't be a tiger," it's not that easy I thought. Then one day when the babe was crying she said to her in the same sweet voice, "just stop crying," oddly enough, she did stop crying! Maybe it is that easy.

On she went saying just before almost anything and, strangely, most of the time things would go her way. So I decided to give it a go. This morning I pulled out a pair of pre-pregnancy pants. Just make them fit I said to myself.

It didn't work.

I think I need to start with statements like just don't eat that tenth Oreo first.

21 comments:

Kate said...

I love it! I need Amelia to come over here and tell my girls to just stop crying, screaming, fighting etc. Too cute. And don't worry, you'll be back into those jeans soon!

Sorensen said...

Hilarious! And kind of sad. I keep thinking that if I can just get this kid out my clothes will miraculously fit me. Well at least we are all in the same boat.

Joan said...

I love this! Maybe I should begin saying, "Just stop worrying."

Mindy Hales said...

Too cute Margaret! One of these days I need to track you down and church and see your cute new baby!

Christina said...

Too cute!

We'd love to see you and meet your cute new babe - come and visit us anytime you guys want to get out of the city!

Baum said...

you are so great, I wish I could see you everyday! By the way, we found the house of our dreams and are in the process of making an offer... don't I sound grown up.

adrienne said...

Very cute! Oh, if only it were that easy for us all... I think maybe things go her way because she's so stinking cute!

Margaret said...

Kate- That is so funny. I'm sure your girls would love hearing Amelia tell them to stop fighting!

Mauvia- That is how I felt. Once the baby is out my body will be back. More kids I have the less that will be.

Thanks Joan.

Mindy- I do need to find you at church. You can probably find me out in the foyer..you know where I usually see you.

Christina, we really would love to come see where you guys are now. It looks so charming.

Jess- the house of your dreams? is it in La Grand? I need to e-mail you.

Thanks Adrienne. Seriously too bad it's not that easy for us.

Maleina said...

That is to funny and they are too cute!

Jana said...

the problem is that "just" doesn't work if you're a muggle. sorry but it's true.

yeah, i somehow referenced that to HP. maybe i'm sitting here reading blogs in my hogwarts robes too.

Kate said...

Maybe you should "just" come over and watch 17 Again this week....yes, I admit I already bought it. I needed to cheer up the other day! I hear Amelia's sick! Do you need anything? I'll call you.

Margaret said...

Thanks Maleina.

Jana,if I'm a muggle then how do you explain my ability to tell your future with a game of MASH?

Kate...I want to see that. I'm going to e-mail you.

Sara said...

Two year old talking is the cutest! You completely adjusted to two yet? I think I'm getting there...finally. You coming to Utah at all this summer? It would be the best to see you! (And the kiddos of course).

Margaret said...

Sara, I come to Utah this week. I'll send you an e-mail.

Meredith said...

Just keep blogging.


Is it working????

Rohm Family said...

i can't wait to see the babe- see you tomorrow!

breanna said...

so adorable! i just can't buy oreos anymore because i eat an entire row in one sitting....that's gotta be more than 10!

skotandchristi said...

Hi guys! We just got your cutie baby announcement. Looks great! Cool design and way cute pic! Hope you are doing well. :)

Bangerter family said...

Marg I totally want to see you and your cute new baby! We should for sure get together around christmas! I feel the same way about the pre-prego jeans! It's really really hard this time! I think it might be stuck forever!

Brynn said...

Your girls are adorable!!!!! I am the same as you when it comes to delivering babies (from your previous post). I like to pop them out and jet out of the hospital as fast as possible! I left the same day I had Neve too. As for Genevieve I am positive it is the same girl. She is currently at a college here in Virginia getting her doctorate in Psychology to be a school psychologist. I met her right before the race and she was a sweetheart and really incredible runner! Hope you are doing well with the babe and getting some sleep!!!

flynn family said...

I love when they start trying out those non-noun words. Austin's (that would be baby Austin's) latest word is "actually." I want cereal, actually. He sounds so grown up. He also likes to say, "Does that make sense?" after everything.