Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Blond Hair And My Dorothy Hamill Haircut

All photos of the Munchkin by Kali Leenstra
http://kalileenstraphoto.com/blog/


The Munchkin turned two in March. Which is crazy, and exciting. My friend Kali came over, hung out in the Munchkins room with me and snapped some "I'm two now" and "here's my Easter dress" shots. She seems to be more opinionated lately, the Munchkin, not my friend Kali, and has no problems telling me what she thinks. Sometimes the advice is good (slamming my laptop shut while I was watching a reality TV show ) and sometimes it is so-so (telling me time after time we should name this baby Wally).

Anywho, we get many comments from people saying that our child looks nothing like us. So here is proof that I was a blond child. Austin was too, but I can't find his baby pictures right now.

Moi, with popsicle of course


Munchkin. Some resemblance, no?

Austin and I are curious to see if Wally will look like the Munchkin. And then I saw this thing where you can put two pictures together to see what your child will look like.
And of course that led me to thinking what would my children look like if I had married some of my old celebrity crushes. That is the natural thought pattern for most of you isn't it?

First up: Jonathan Brandis. I don't want to hear any grief about this one.





Or of course Legolas, not Orlando Bloom, but Legolas.





And then there is Christian Bale, who lost some points with his angry actor rant. But just a few.




Honestly, they all look pretty creepy to me. I'll take the Munchkin any day.


Just about a month left to see what nugget #2 looks like.

20 comments:

Meredith said...

margareet you make me laugh so hard every time. jonathan brandis -- i forgot he existed!!! does he still exist??? did he go the way of leaf garret?

just a month! i'll let you know about the off shore excursions, too!!! what fun that would be!

Kara said...

Margaret,
You are one of the funniest people I have ever met! Jonathan Brandis was so hot in Ladybugs.. and then I went to a CHuck Norris movie just to see him. Christian Bale....he was my main squeeze. I mean seriously.. who wouldn't be turned on by him singing "Santa Fe." "So dats what you call a family... mudder daugther fadder son...." I guess neither of our crushes had great endings. Jonathan Brandis=dead and Christian Bale=jerk. Oh well.
The munchkin is so so cute... and yes, there is quite a resemblence!

McClains said...

That is hilarious! Christian Bale...funny. Yes, the munchkin is way cuter than your imaginary kids!

Wendy said...

Your daughter is so cute....and I thought she does look like you, but I am terrible at the "who does this child look like" game!!! Good luck with the next one.

Christina said...

I love the pictures!

We should get together before baby #2.

And I totally had a Newsies/Swing Kids crush on Christian Bale!

Sarah said...

What memories! I loved Jonathan Brandis, and Christian Bale! Your little munchkin is adorable. I love the pic of you on the lawn, that brought back some memories as well. Ah, shucks, it's a satelite.

Bonnie Bell Anderson said...

I have to admit I've been guilty of wondering how you could have such a blond kid, but I see now . . . she looks very much like you!

Sarah said...

I must say, Munchkin is the best formulaic output. Well done!

And I can't wait to see what nugget #2 looks like either!

Sorensen said...

Yeah you are right they are creepy. But your little lady is ADORABLE!! Won't it be funny if you have another blonde and people think you adopted them both. Ben and I wonder what will happen if our next baby looks Asian like his mom.

Brad said...

I think the Orlando mix is kinda cute...although not nearly as cute as munch. And I always thought she looked like Austy.

Am I the only person who didn't know Jonathan Brandis was dead?

I can't wait to see the latest Smith addition!

Margaret said...

Merzy and Kara- Jonathan Brandis is dead? I had no clue. And how did I have no clue?

Thanks Jen. I told you I would update my blog!

Wendy, I'm also terrible at that game, even with my own child.

Christina- We do need to get together. And I'm glad you know about Swing Kids. People know Newsies but forget about that one.

Sarah- Aw shucks its a satellite still makes me laugh. Lots of good memories from that neighborhood...passing hot fudge over the fence.

Bonnie, it's okay. Most people are in the same boat as you, hence me posting that picture.

Sarah- I'm hoping you can see #2 in person at your wedding.

Mauvia- That would be so fun if your next baby looked Asian. People would totally wonder if you adopted.

Jana(unless it really is Brad...)- I had no clue JB died either. When are you home this summer? anytime?

Colleen said...

Margaret,

Amelia actually does resemble you in the popsicle picture. And I've always pegged her as looking mostly like Austin. The photos turned out darling. I love the last one as well. The celeb babies however are a bit freaky.

Ok. I also have to tell you that I think you should name your new baby Beatrice and call her Bea. I love it and I feel like it suits you.

-Colleen

Bryce, Anna, Porter, Avery and Colette said...

I've got a month too?!? It couldn't come soon enought with the temperatures reaching 100 here in az. What day are you due again? Its cute that your little girl understands the baby coming and naming... Porter is clueless about whats about to come and could careless... typical boy =)

breanna said...

i agree! pick the munchkin!!! she's ADORABLE!!!! i was beginning to think she didn't really exist...maybe another suri scandal!:) I had white hair too...but still no toe-head children!:(

i LOVE her smocked dress!! she would fit right in down here! can't wait to see Wally!

Margaret said...

Colleen, that name was actually on my list but Austin vetoed it. I asked again and he vetoed it again. Bad name association for him.

Anna, we are close. I'm due June 7th. I'll switch weather with you for a while. Rains everyday here lately.

Bre, I posted those pics with you in mind. See, she does exist! And smocked dressed make me think of you as well.

Kate said...

Those pictures turned out so darling! I love it. I tried that baby morph thing too (only with me and Mike) and it looked totally creepy. Good thing our kids are genetically engineered instead of technically!

adrienne said...

OH, Margaret! I haven't really ever seen any of those morphed pictures that actually looks like a normal baby! The Munchkin, on the other hand, is so stinking adorable!! I haven't really seen any pictures of her. How is that possible!? Only one month to go? Crazy and exciting! Good luck!

I, too had a Christian Bale crush, both from Swing Kids and Newsies (as well as Little Women), but I have to say, my REAL Newsies crush was Spot Conlon from Brooklyn. I wonder where he is now...

Margaret said...

Thanks Kate. I'm glad other peoples morphed babies look creepy too.

Adrienne, I also loved Spot. I had about 4 crushes on boys in that movie. I loved when Spot said "never fear, Brooklyn is here." Oh that Spot, so dreamy.

Ben, Julia, Griffin & Sophie said...

Oh cousin! I love your post. The munch is soooo darling!! I love her and her dorothy H. haircut. I'm sooo excited for this baby to come. i hope to see you soon....
love you all!

flynn family said...

i'm with you on Legolas, not Orlando Bloom. I would go with that choice--especially if your child could be half elvin. :)