Last Wednesday the Munchkin started throwing up. Monday night: still sick and heading back to the doctor tomorrow. We took her to Urgent Care on Sunday and the doctor was great and so kind. But in my anxious mom mode I worried about the fact that everytime I said 'thank you' he said 'thank you' back to me. It made me laugh but then also got me stressed, what kind of doctor says thank you in response to a thank you?
"Thank you."
"Thank you. You are welcome."
"Okay, thanks."
"Thanks. You are welcome."
Maybe, in true Anne Curry fashion, I was repeating myself too much and he was trying to point it out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
I'm so sorry! Is it rotavirus? Audrey had that last year, and it was awful. She threw up for over a week. I hope you find out what it is!
I'm so sorry to hear that she's sick! But I had to laugh at your post anyways. I was just picturing the conversation and I've been there. Some conversations just get awkward!
I hope Amelia's feeling better.
Still sick? Mmmn, sad.
I didn't even have to watch that video to know what it was.
Thank you!
Sarah, I don't think it is rotavirus. She only threw up for 24 hours. It then progressed to more yucky stuff after that. The doc said she had a very strong virus plus a double ear infection plus something else. His diagnosis: She is ill. She got some blood work done and a shot of antibiotic in the leg. We take her on Thursday again to make sure she is better.
Adrienne, yes the conversation was at times humorously awkward. And hopefully Amelia will be feeling better soon. Thanks!
Jana, funny thing about that video is that I was watching the 'Today' show when it happened and I was like "huh?" Gotta love it. Love you've gotta. Gotta love it. Love it.
Sorry to hear your little lovey is sick. That is miserable for both of you. I hope your upcoming visit with "Dr. Repeater" brings virus free news :)
On a side note, got to love The Soup. And I echo you...although Anne is pretty - poor Anne, poor poor Anne who is poor.
OH... that is so so funny (the conversation part.. not the sick part). My heart feels warm just imagining this exchange of thank yous.
Jody, I like that nickname: Dr. Repeater. He was just the urgent care doctor. Our actual doctor and I have much less awkward conversations. And I do believe that most of the awkwardness falls on my shoulders.
Kara, anything to warm that little heart of yours.
We saw that thing on the soup -- funny, truly. Cleaning up throw up, in my view, is something you must embrace. I've had to do it so many times that now I think it's kind of cute. Okay, I'm totally kidding.
poor little Amelia- hope she is feeling better soon
Post a Comment