IT'S ALIVE!!
The 'it' being me and the 'alive' being how music makes me feel.
Sadly, I've only had a foggy existence in the music world the last little while with the arrival of the Munchkin and all. But last night the fog was lifted as I delved back into it all.
Austin and I went to our first concert in quite a while. Feist. She was great. So charming. So passionate. I been walking around singing all day.
If you are unfamiliar with her I suggest checking her out. I've posted what I think would be considered her most popular track of the moment below. But don't be fooled by her mad dancing skills - this isn't even her best stuff.
Even more exciting? In a little over a week I get to see Travis. I've posted one of their videos below too. Enjoy.
Now that I'm back at it, I plan on going to concerts more regularly. Anyone want to join me?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
14 comments:
the octopus is so funny- thanks for the laugh :)
Chris showed me that Feist video awhile ago.. and I love it. I don't know her other stuff, but I was sold on that video alone.. it is so creative. I think that we should make a cool video like that.I am so out of the music scene right now. Sounds like I need a trip to Seattle for a concert :)
Welcome back! I do love Feist but I refuse to watch that video...I get embarassed for her what with the awkward dancing and all. Travis will be fun...when I think of them I think of Margs. But can anything really beat nose bleeds at NSYNC?
I love the Feist video. I got to get me a sweet blue sequined jumpsuit. I wish I was one of her back up dancers. Preferably a purple.
Wow, 2 concerts in one week. Impressive.
Everytime that Feist song comes on the radio, Macartney says "This is MY song, Mommy! I love that one!" It's very cute. Pretty good taste, eh?
I'm glad you liked the octopus Wes. It also made me laugh the first time I saw it.
Kara, we did make a cool video. Franco? Hope? Indian Man? Remember? That was the coolest video ever.
Jana, I'm sorry you hate the video. I do love it so much. I think I already warned you but just in case, don't watch any of her other videos. Only more dancing.
Annie, I always wanted to be a green person in the video. Green is my signature color.
Adrienne, I forget that they probably play Feist up there in Canada. No such luck where I am at. You would also get Chantel on the radio...lucky!
Chantal Kreviziuk? Yeah, she gives an awesome concert. Is Feist Canadian? I don't even know. The radio stations have to have a certain amount of Canadian content so any Canadian remotely good gets lots of air time. It's pretty nice actually!
Adrienne,
She is Canadian. I didn't realize that a percentage of songs had to be Canadian artists. That is kind-of cool.
Yep! It's the same with Canadian TV stations. Let me tell you that Canadian TV is nowhere near as good as Canadian music. Most Canadian shows are really awful, with the exception of a show called Corner Gas. I thought Feist might be Canadian, but I wasn't sure. Go Canucks!!!
Margaret,
You should listen to my answering machine message.. I will give you a hint.. it is inspired by your Fesit post :).
Okay Kara.
I'm going to call your phone. Don't answer.
I have no idea who these people are marg! Have I lost complete touch with reality or are you just weird!
All I can say Michelle is that you missed some good concerts.
Margaret, thanks to you, I am now loving "1234" and a couple other Feist songs (I really like Limit to your Love). I realized how sick I am of the same songs I've been listening to forever and I am so ready for new stuff. I know your taste in music is great so send me some more recommendations!
Post a Comment